Sunday, November 1, 2015

New Calling

On Sunday October 11th I was released as the Young Men's President in the Edgemont 12th ward. I have served for over 6 years with the young men and it has been an enjoyable assignment. I was without a calling for about an hour. Right after Sacrament Meeting the Stake President asked me to come to his office where I was called to serve on the Stake High Council.
Sunday October 15th I was sustained to the High Council in all the wards in the stake.
This morning I attended my first High Council meeting which is actually called the Stake Priesthood Executive Committee Meeting. After the meeting I was set apart by President Chris Crow, First Counselor in the Stake Presidency.
My responsibility is to be over special Welfare Assignments for the stake and to work with the priesthood leaders in the Pleasant View 4th ward. This is a real change of pace from working with the young men. The timing was good because of all the travel I have this fall that will keep me away from home during the week.

Random Thoughts from an Urban Entomologist