Sunday, January 11, 2015

Global Bed Bug Summit

The first week in January was the NPMA Global Bed Bug summit in Denver, Colorado. Because I live the closest I'm always nominated to attend this meeting. I don't mind as it is a rather interesting meeting and it is a short trip.
Dr. Chow Yang Lee from Malaysia speaks about Tropical Bed Bugs
I arrived in Denver on the afternoon of the 7th of January and stopped for a quick bite of lunch at McDonalds. Besides lunch I got to enjoy a drug bust by Denver's finest. After lunch I checked into the hotel and set up our trade show booth.
Obligate photo of a bed bug
That evening I took the Light Rail south to Highlands Ranch to visit my sister in law Lisa Chipman and her family. After dinner we were joined by my brother-in-law Neil Burgoyne and his wife Leslie. We spent about an hour working on plans for a Burgoyne family reunion to be held in Utah this coming July 24th.
Nick Grisafe and Mike Tanner of Truly Nolen in front of 'Bang' restaurant
The conference was well attended this year and I was joined by our sales rep, Nick Grisafe. There were lots of interesting talks about bed bugs and their control. We even took customers out to dinner on Thursday evening to a place that was featured on Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives. It was called 'Bang' and the food was very good. It will be interesting to see if this meeting stays in Denver next year or if it moves to a new venue like it has every other year in the past.

Random Thoughts from an Urban Entomologist