Friday morning started off with 3 inches of brand new powder. That meant that the first thing I got to do was break out the snow blower and clean the driveway so Susie could get off to work. While I was doing our driveway my neighbor Sam Andrus was doing his driveway and then we combined our efforts to do 5 of our neighbors driveways as well. When you have big boy toys you have to use them.
 |
| Allen and Sam checking their distances on Run Keeper |
After we finished Sam asked if I wanted to go hiking later in the afternoon. We decided to go snowshoeing to Big Springs up south fork of Provo Canyon. We invited Allen Larsen to join us.
The weather was beautiful and the snow was perfect. We hiked the first mile with just shoes then put on our snow shoes for the last 3/4 mile to the springs. Then Allen and Sam decided to hike over to the Great Western Trail head while I returned back to the parking lot.
I took an alternative trail where the snow wasn't packed and it was great to have the snow shoes. It was fun to be back in the mountains though I was pretty sore this morning.