Last fall I was released from my calling with the young men. Since then I have hardly done any hiking. Fortunately, Susie is still assistant camp director with the young women so this year I'm helping with Summer camp for the Young Women.
As a warm up for their camp we did a 5 mile hike yesterday. We hiked from our church along the path by University Avenue to the Timpanogos Story Telling Park at the mouth of Provo Canyon. I drove my car up there in the afternoon with a cooler full of Otter Pops and dry ice. Then I rode my bike home.
 |
| Audrey, Stephanie, Kristhal, Morgan, and Bethany head to the finish line |
We met at the church at 6 pm and were on our way by about 6:20. (always takes a long time to collect all the stragglers). Susie and I were posted at the rear and ended up with the really slow walkers, Morgan Vigoren, Stephanie Jenks, Kristhal Masbernat, Audrey Hipwell, and Bethany Saldana. By the end of the 5 miles we were a good 10 minutes behind the rest of the young women. I think they suffered from Samuel Finch syndrome. They got so busy chatting that they forgot to walk. Between yard work, biking, and hiking I had over 25,000 steps and 50 flights of stairs. It was a good day.