Saturday, March 21, 2015

Spring Concert

Yesterday evening was the annual BYU Men's chorus spring concert. The concert this year was developed a round the theme of 'Deliverance'.
Susie and I hosted Mom as our guest. We started with dinner at the Chef's table. We had a nice table by the windows with a view of the mountains. The service was a little slow but that gave us plenty of time to visit. Fortunately the concert started at 8 because we didn't get out of the restaurant until 7:30. I dropped Mom and Susie off by the Harris Fine Arts center and found a parking spot just about 100 feet from where I dropped them off.
The concert was divided into 4 sections, songs written in response to war, Hymns, Songs of Survival, and 4 songs from the Prince of Egypt. My favorite songs of the evening were 'In Flanders Fields', and and 'Deliver Us' from The Prince of Egypt. The numbers were very well done and left us wanting more. Always enjoy the Men's Chorus concerts.

Random Thoughts from an Urban Entomologist