Saturday, December 19, 2015

Last Business Trip of 2015

Monday I left on my last business trip of the year. This was to Boise and Twin Falls Idaho for the Environmental Care Association annual meetings. Because the meetings finished in Twin Falls I decided to drive because it would have taken much longer to drive back to Boise from Twin Falls and then fly home.
A snowy drive just north of Ogden
The weather forecast was for a big storm on Monday morning. We woke up to about half an inch of snow but Salt Lake City and north had quite a bit of snow. Around 10 am I decided that it was OK to leave and the only slow spot was at the point of the mountain where the plows had not really cleared the road. By Snowville on the Utah Idaho border the snow was gone and it was just windy and cold.
Over 200 people at the Twin Falls meeting
The meetings were well attended this year. I was only at the Boise meeting for a few hours on Tuesday morning because I had 7 hours of conference calls with our biology group to look at next years protocols. The Twin falls meeting was basically over at noon so I was on my way and home by 4 pm. Friday I was home in Provo on vacation which meant that I only had to work 5 hours including a 2 hour conference call with the sales team.

Random Thoughts from an Urban Entomologist