Tuesday after the distributor meetings I was on my way to Las Cruces to meet with Matt Lee to go scorpion hunting. Matt is doing a scorpion control study for me and we will need 300 scorpions for the test (50 per week for 6 weeks).
To collect scorpions you go out into the desert after dark and use a black light to identify them. Scorpions glow a bright turquoise under black light. Of course after dark you have to worry about rattle snakes in the desert. That's why I'm wearing the snake chaps in the photo below.
We had dinner in Las Cruces then drove out into the desert to look for scorpions. We spent about 2 hours wandering around 3 different sites and collected about 30 specimens. I think it was just a bit chilly that evening. The temp. was 58 degrees and it needed to be about 63 degrees. Oh well, better luck next time.
| Sparkey's in Hatch New Mexico. Famous local eatery! |

